AVAILABLE SERVICE IN MIAMI, BROWARD & PALM BEACH COUNTIES
Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable gas at room temperature and has a strong odor. Exposure to formaldehyde may cause adverse health effects.
Formaldehyde is found in:
● Resins used in the manufacture of composite wood products (i.e., hardwood plywood, particleboard and medium-density fiberboard);
● Building materials and insulation;
● Household products such as glues, permanent press fabrics, paints and coatings, lacquers and finishes, and paper products;
● Preservatives used in some medicines, cosmetics and other consumer products such as dishwashing liquids and fabric softeners; and
● Fertilizers and pesticides.
It is a byproduct of combustion and certain other natural processes, and so is also found in:
● Emissions from un-vented, fuel burning appliances, like gas stoves or kerosene space heaters; and
● Cigarette smoke.
Learn more from the Consumer Product Safety Commission about products that contain formaldehyde.
The primary way you can be exposed to formaldehyde is by breathing air containing off-gassed formaldehyde. Everyone is exposed to small amounts of formaldehyde in the air that has off-gassed from products, including composite wood products.
Learn how to protect yourself and your family from formaldehyde exposure.
● EPA finalized a regulation to set limits on how much formaldehyde can be released from composite wood products and establish a program in which independent certifying organizations will verify that composite wood panel producers comply with the limits on formaldehyde releases. Learn more.
● EPA is implementing and enforcing other statutes that pertain to formaldehyde.
● EPA conducts research to refine our understanding of what levels of exposure might affect human health.
Formaldehyde can cause irritation of the skin, eyes, nose, and throat. High levels of exposure may cause some types of cancers.
● Test could take from 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the test at property.
● Samples are sent to third-party laboratory for evaluation the same day
● Report with results take between 7-10 days to receive back from the time of inspection
● Prices depend on type of test, type of property and square footage tested.
SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION TODAY
Contact us or submit an estimate inquiry online.Contact Us